Monday, June 13, 2016:
Just wanted to leave this right here! Time to stock up! Or maybe you are just curious about the brand- perfect time to test out a few new beauty products! I suggest the serum!
Click here to go to site :)
Wednesday, June 8, 2016:
But, as a beauty passionista, the one thing I try to stick to is my beauty routine. Nothing can be more discouraging than a blah beauty day so making my skincare routine a priority actually gives me the encouragement and energy I need to stay on top of my daily game! Here is a quick AM/PM peek at my busy-body beauty routine! NOTE: this includes some meals because by now I think we all realize that we really are what we eat!
I'm a big believer in purifying and fueling our bodies first thing in the morning and have gotten into the habit of consuming water first thing- I've noticed a great improvement in my skin!
- One glass of purified water (and by purified, I mean straight from my refrigerator's water filter) with one scoop of Vital Nutrients Collagen Peptide Powder (more on this on a later blog)
- One Culturelle probiotic- gut health has a major influence on skin health!
- Breakfast- usually toast and yogurt, but ideally eggs. It's essential that I start my morning off on the right foot with a healthy protein.
- Sunscreen- always and often. No questions.
I've never been a morning face washer. I generally shower at night and do a good face cleansing, hydrating, and moisturizing ritual that seems to stay with me all night. Washing again tends to dry me out. I also rarely wear makeup during a regular day. If I plan on "putting on a face" as my mother used to say, I will wash and exfoliate to get a good natural glow.
Throughout the day I will reapply sunscreen if I plan on being outside (I've been using Neutrogena's Beach Defense- I bought it at Costco and it came with a travel size that now lives in my purse). I will also have a sip of coffee with cream and sugar (really trying to give this up but sometimes it's the only thing I have to look forward to on those crazy days!). And of course, I am always trying to eat healthy. One of these months I am going to try a raw diet, but while chasing three young kids and nursing, I figure it's best to keep calories up!
After dinner once the kiddos are down I really like to take a few minutes for selfcare- a time to relax and unwind. Stress-free time can really help with skin health!
- One cup of green tea with another scoop of Vital Nutrients Collagen Peptide Powder (packaging suggests 1-2 scoops once or twice a day)
- Cleanse my face with a cream cleanser- loving Purity of Elements Daily Detox Exfoliating Cleanser- it is so indulgent and creamy with such a beautiful scent and never strips my skin of hydration!
- Serum or Essence- I highly recommend Purity of Elements Radiance Face Serum. After one use, 86% of consumers experienced more radiant skin. ONE USE! When I started working with this brand, I was shocked. And I've seen only continued skin health as I've routinely used this product.
- Night Moisturizer
Thursday, June 2, 2016:
But first, pay attention to the three tips below and your skin will survive the summer with a beautiful sun-kissed glow :)
Have A Sunscreen Station in your home:
Notice how I avoided the cliche- "wear sunscreen" tip. We all know this by now. The advice is good, the activation is the challenge!! I have a sunscreen station in my home, just right at the back door- as we run out the door, I squirt just a bit in my hand and lather it on. I also keep sunscreen in my purse. And in my car. And in the diaper bag. Ok, annnnnd on the back patio table. So what? I have a thing for sunscreen AND HEALTHY SKIN!
Restore Your Skin with Quality Skincare Products:
I am at a skin health milestone now that I am in my mid-thirties. Those "fine lines and wrinkles" are well on their way. The pharmacy brand products that worked in my youth just don't cut it anymore. I need products that pack a punch and I am willing to pay a bit more for them since I've seen the results (worse, I've seen what happens when I don't take care of my skin). Sure, are there some items in your skincare line up that you can scrimp on, absolutely. But make sure you compensate by investing in the skincare products that do the heavy lifting. My personal favorite: Radiance Face Serum by Purity of Elements. I love the consistency of this product- very light and quick absorbing- perfect for summer. I also love the immediate radiance I see after using it! In a consumer study, after 28 days, 99% of women reported more radiant skin! Yep. I'll take it!
Hydrate from the Inside:
It is amazing what drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day will do to your skin. By depriving your body of the water it needs you dehydrate your cells, including your skin cells. When skin dries it withers, as does a cell. Keep cells well hydrated and robust and your skin will have the dewy buoyancy we all crave. Bored with just water, try my Lemon Water "Tea"!