Thursday, May 29, 2014:

How do you split up the household chores?

As a SAHM I am often left with proactively tackling a ton of household chores.  Some days I'm happy to do them but other days, I get annoyed and frustrated that my proactive, type-A personality gets trapped into handling so much.

I just read this post by Gretchen Rubin (Author of The Happiness Project).  I plan to apply so much of this to my marriage!  For those of you who know my husband, he's a very laid back guy.  I'm, well, the opposite.  I seriously cannot relax if there are chores to be done!  This causes stress in our relationship.  "Please empty the garbage now", "please clean up the dogs' mess"...

Things that drive me up a wall, don't bother him.  And I'm beginning to think it's because I take care of things before he can get bothered by them.  I could go on, but read here: http://www.gretchenrubin.com/happiness_project/2013/10/resentful-overworked-face-these-painful-facts-about-shared-work/
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment