Wednesday, June 25, 2014:

To sun or not to sun

Ok, ok, ok....

I'm a hypocrite.

I go on and on about how important it is to protect your skin from the rays.  But sometimes even I just want to simmer in the summer sun!

There is a balance- and I justify this by telling myself I need to stock up on my Vit D- after the winter we just had in Jersey, I've completely depleted my stock!!

Unlike my husband who can spend all day in the sun and walk away with a golden bronze, I must MUST layer on the screen if I plan to make it through our beach vacation.

Here's what I do...

1. Face- everyday it's a 50 SPF before I head to the beach
2. Body- first few days I slather on the 70 SPF.  I feel like I need to give my skin the opportunity to acclimate to the beach and the sun.
4. Towards the end of the vacation, when my skin has started to pick up some color, then I start to cut back, ending up at a 15 SPF.  

Hopefully I'll walk away from the beach with a glow....and a few freckles :)

Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment