Monday, July 14, 2014:

Summer is officially in full swing!  I'm actively weaning my son and SO ready for a good old fashion summer skin facial!  Here's my plan!

1. Topical Resurfacing Treatment- despite our best winter moisturization efforts and the layering of the sunscreen by the pool, the top layer of my skin could probably use some polishing up!  My "go to" is PCA's TCA Peels.  This is a professional treatment so you need to go to a certified esthetician, but it is so worth it.  The smell is strong and the tingly sensation toes the line between itchy and "ok, yeah, that burns" (but in the "hurts so good" kind of way).  NB: make sure you follow your estheticians post-treatment product recommendations like the après peel and Gentle Exfoliant to get the most bang for your buck.

2.  Another option I like is microdermabrasion.  This is a manual resurfacing treatment that should also be done by a professional.  It uses tiny sand particles to slough away dead skin.  The treatment essentially combines sand blasting and a vacuum that sucks away the sand and your dull winter skin!

3.  Hydrate!  I am still obsessing over Obagi's Hydrate.

4. Protect! Use sunscreen (obviously!).


A version of this post originally appeared on April 2014
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment