Friday, May 13, 2016:

Is There Anything Better...

Than being alone in your home with your own thoughts?

It's been a long week and I'm still trying to find my footing- new baby, new job, new phases, new schedules...life.  It's hard to feel like I have a minute to catch my breath.

The post-partum and nursing hormones are in full effect so everything that's happening around me is amplified and distracting.  

The world is whizzing by and in my effort to not miss out on moments with the boys, I've fallen back into my "spread yourself way too thin" routine!

Well it's Friday and my sitter just took the crew to an indoor playground and the current stillness in my home has completely diffused the frenetic chaos that builds up inside.

Having a sitter I trust to take my kids out of the house has been a blessing.  So often we hire a sitter for some "time off" but how counter productive to have to spend your "time off" outside of the comforts of your home, likely spending money on top of the money it costs for a sitter?

I only need a half hour to think my own thoughts, to catch my breath, to outline my afternoon and otherwise get my feet back beneath me.  And when I've rebalanced and centered my soul, it is then that I am energized and enthusiastic about the chaos that will ensue as soon as the boys return!

So if you need me, I'll be in my home office, sipping my coffee (only my second cup!), brainstorming about Purity posts and social engagement, while recharging my batteries vs spending my energy recharging the batteries of those around me!

Hope you busy moms get some time to yourself this weekend.  You not only deserve it, you need it!


Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment