But, as a beauty passionista, the one thing I try to stick to is my beauty routine. Nothing can be more discouraging than a blah beauty day so making my skincare routine a priority actually gives me the encouragement and energy I need to stay on top of my daily game! Here is a quick AM/PM peek at my busy-body beauty routine! NOTE: this includes some meals because by now I think we all realize that we really are what we eat!
I'm a big believer in purifying and fueling our bodies first thing in the morning and have gotten into the habit of consuming water first thing- I've noticed a great improvement in my skin!
- One glass of purified water (and by purified, I mean straight from my refrigerator's water filter) with one scoop of Vital Nutrients Collagen Peptide Powder (more on this on a later blog)
- One Culturelle probiotic- gut health has a major influence on skin health!
- Breakfast- usually toast and yogurt, but ideally eggs. It's essential that I start my morning off on the right foot with a healthy protein.
- Sunscreen- always and often. No questions.
I've never been a morning face washer. I generally shower at night and do a good face cleansing, hydrating, and moisturizing ritual that seems to stay with me all night. Washing again tends to dry me out. I also rarely wear makeup during a regular day. If I plan on "putting on a face" as my mother used to say, I will wash and exfoliate to get a good natural glow.
Throughout the day I will reapply sunscreen if I plan on being outside (I've been using Neutrogena's Beach Defense- I bought it at Costco and it came with a travel size that now lives in my purse). I will also have a sip of coffee with cream and sugar (really trying to give this up but sometimes it's the only thing I have to look forward to on those crazy days!). And of course, I am always trying to eat healthy. One of these months I am going to try a raw diet, but while chasing three young kids and nursing, I figure it's best to keep calories up!
After dinner once the kiddos are down I really like to take a few minutes for selfcare- a time to relax and unwind. Stress-free time can really help with skin health!
- One cup of green tea with another scoop of Vital Nutrients Collagen Peptide Powder (packaging suggests 1-2 scoops once or twice a day)
- Cleanse my face with a cream cleanser- loving Purity of Elements Daily Detox Exfoliating Cleanser- it is so indulgent and creamy with such a beautiful scent and never strips my skin of hydration!
- Serum or Essence- I highly recommend Purity of Elements Radiance Face Serum. After one use, 86% of consumers experienced more radiant skin. ONE USE! When I started working with this brand, I was shocked. And I've seen only continued skin health as I've routinely used this product.
- Night Moisturizer