Wednesday, June 8, 2016:

Beauty Routine with a Busy Schedule

To say I've been busy is an extreme understatement!  New baby, new job, new season...  can't seem to catch my breath!

But, as a beauty passionista, the one thing I try to stick to is my beauty routine.  Nothing can be more discouraging than a blah beauty day so making my skincare routine a priority actually gives me the encouragement and energy I need to stay on top of my daily game!  Here is a quick AM/PM peek at my busy-body beauty routine!  NOTE: this includes some meals because by now I think we all realize that we really are what we eat!

AM:
I'm a big believer in purifying and fueling our bodies first thing in the morning and have gotten into the habit of consuming water first thing- I've noticed a great improvement in my skin!

  • One glass of purified water (and by purified, I mean straight from my refrigerator's water filter) with one scoop of Vital Nutrients Collagen Peptide Powder (more on this on a later blog)
  • One Culturelle probiotic- gut health has a major influence on skin health!
  • Breakfast- usually toast and yogurt, but ideally eggs.  It's essential that I start my morning off on the right foot with a healthy protein.
  • Sunscreen- always and often.  No questions.
I've never been a morning face washer.  I generally shower at night and do a good face cleansing, hydrating, and moisturizing ritual that seems to stay with me all night.  Washing again tends to dry me out.  I also rarely wear makeup during a regular day.  If I plan on "putting on a face" as my mother used to say, I will wash and exfoliate to get a good natural glow.

Throughout the day I will reapply sunscreen if I plan on being outside (I've been using Neutrogena's Beach Defense- I bought it at Costco and it came with a travel size that now lives in my purse).  I will also have a sip of coffee with cream and sugar (really trying to give this up but sometimes it's the only thing I have to look forward to on those crazy days!).  And of course, I am always trying to eat healthy.  One of these months I am going to try a raw diet, but while chasing three young kids and nursing, I figure it's best to keep calories up!

PM:
After dinner once the kiddos are down I really like to take a few minutes for selfcare- a time to relax and unwind.  Stress-free time can really help with skin health!
  • One cup of green tea with another scoop of Vital Nutrients Collagen Peptide Powder (packaging suggests 1-2 scoops once or twice a day)
  • Cleanse my face with a cream cleanser- loving Purity of Elements Daily Detox Exfoliating Cleanser- it is so indulgent and creamy with such a beautiful scent and never strips my skin of hydration!
  • Serum or Essence- I highly recommend Purity of Elements Radiance Face Serum.  After one use, 86% of consumers experienced more radiant skin.  ONE USE!  When I started working with this brand, I was shocked.  And I've seen only continued skin health as I've routinely used this product.
  • Night Moisturizer
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment