Friday, February 13, 2015:

Truth of Being A SAHM

I just read this article on Mom.me that highlights the truths of stay-at-home motherhood.  The article isn't very strong and if they really wanted to dig deep, I have a slew of "truths" to share.  While there weren't any profound "Oh my gosh, YES!" relatable moments, I did give a few head nods in agreement.

I also thought of several other "truths" that just never considered before I had kids.  One of which occurred to me as I was stirring my coffee alongside my toddler who was asking for chips for breakfast while sitting in a dirty diaper which immediately made me feel guilty- that I was choosing coffee over diaper changing.  I digress...

So what occurred to me while preparing my coffee was the fact that, as a SAHM every. single. meal. is prepared in my home.  Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner.  Repeat.

That is ABSOLUTELY shocking to a person who ate out daily in her pre-mom life.  

Whether it was hopping out to get a salad for lunch or ordering take-out on my way home from the office or even stepping out for a coffee and afternoon snack, impromptu delicious food options were always readily available.

We occasionally eat out which is really fun if you enjoy the "bring-everything-out-as-it's- ready, who-can-eat-the-fastest, and GO! game" and every now and then when I'm burnt out from cooking I'll order delivery- but it feels indulgent some how.

BUT, the silver lining is that I definitely appreciate an adult-only dinner way more than I ever did before having kids.  Which is why it's absolutely fantastic that tonight is date night!!!


Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment