Friday, April 17, 2015:

Great "Skinsights" from PCA Skin Care

Last night I needed to refuel my "skintelligence".  I plugged in a few google search terms, stumbled upon some very interesting (albeit outdated) articles, like this one and began to peel through the inter web for more skin savvy science.

I want to dig deeper to find more scientific intel about skincare and healthful aging- in other words, I want to know more than the "what to use" on my skin and more about the "why to use it".


I navigated myself to an Allure microsite (maybe?) for PCA Skincare- Skin Better.

Of course the title had me immediately, but I was discouraged when I saw the commerce element and thought that this site was a promotional bust....UNTIL I saw the Skin 101 blog roll.

The content is top notch!  Really great intel from doctors and industry experts.  There are actionable tips that you can do everyday along with information on the more in-depth skincare practices that you can do in a doctor's office.  I was really impressed.

The format is fantastic too.  As I scrolled down I could focus on the skincare areas that were relevant to my own personal challenges- For example, insights on retinol- Yes, please!  Great Skin Brightening Ingredients- Not yet.

Last night was my first experience with this site and I am curious to see how quickly content is updated/generated- looks like it was last updated about 4 weeks ago.  I'll keep an eye on it in the hopes that more breaking beauty news will be shared!

Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment