Tuesday, April 14, 2015:

Motivation Monday (except it's Tuesday....)


So in between the crazy chaos that is parenthood, I have some pretty lofty career ambitions- ones that seem way too impressive to wrap my head around, but ones that I am dedicated to nonetheless.  I am really hoping for some Quirky movement- how amazing and fun would THAT be.  And a very close second (if not tied for first) ambition is to be a beauty brand ambassador for QVC.  I am currently on the Beauty Guest Host roster, but I am desperately hoping to be paired with the ideal brand- a good match!

When I get so busy with my current situation- children's schedules, chores, and activities (one that I embrace with humility and gratitude), I sometimes get a little cagey and dig around the inter webs for opportunities that might help support my larger goals.

I've had castings and content-shares with National Geographic (Brian Games), October Films (Confidential Pilot), Mom.me, along with a few smaller publications.

But every now and again I reach a crossroads.  Sometimes it seems that there just isn't any traction.  Or worse, there was so much momentum and all was exciting and great and hopeful...but then radio silence.  Not necessarily in terms of bookings, more in terms of audition opportunities.  I find nothing more thrilling than discovering a casting, submitting my materials, and spending the next few days full of incredible optimism.  Honestly, the only thing better than the audition/application process would be the booking process!!

So when I am feeling discouraged and a little ping of self-doubt starts to creep in, I sometimes have to take a minute to find out if I have the motivation....what is the best move for me, my family.  Should I "walk away or try harder".  Luckily, as I've mentioned before, I am terminally ambitious.  So the answer is ALWAYS.  ALWAYS....


Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment