Saturday, August 26, 2017:

Do I Love La Mer?

So a few weeks back I caved and spent some serious dollars on the much hyped Creme De La Mer moisturizing cream.  The Verdict? It's perfect....for the winter.

I loved the scent of the cream (full disclosure, topical treatments have come a LONG WAYS...many boast similar ingredients and do a good job, so scent is now a valid category in my book when it comes to differentiation....along with packaging!).

I followed my regular skincare ritual- creamy cleanser, toner, serum...  and then I added the Creme de la Mer moisturizing cream. Definitely felt well hydrated, but, as the website suggests, this cream is ultra rich. In the summer when I am constantly loading on sunscreen and when I am not contending with the harsh northeast winters, this cream was just a bit too rich for the season and I even noticed some breakouts and congestion.

That said, this is staying in my arsenal for the fall/winter. As the season changes, so do our skincare needs and it's crucial to stay on top of the shifts in our skin's composition. I have a feeling this will fit nicely into my winter routine when the weather comes.

Be Well, ladies!

Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment