Monday, August 28, 2017:

Shifting into Fall Skincare

The weather in my area is hinting that fall is just around the corner. It's my favorite season and, if you read my earlier post, I am really ready to get back into our "school year" routine. I am also ready to give my skin a little break from the summer sun and heat.

Do you change your skincare routine with the seasons? Here are three things I plan to shift this season.

First things first, I need to dissolve away summer.
Despite regular exfoliation and cleansing, I always feel that summer leaves me with a permanent surface layer of sunscreen. So off to the med-spa I go to get a chemical peel. The objective- chemically exfoliate away the sunscreen and general summer grit to reveal youthful looking skin below.

Evaluate my product line up.
In summer months I typically try to keep things light, for example, sticking with a thinner, less rich moisturizer. But as the seasons change and the weather becomes a bit more harsh, then I seek out moisturizers that provide more of a barrier against the colder weather. Did you see my review of Creme de La Mer? This will be perfect when the weather turns.

Push the Fluids.
It's easy to remember to drink water in the summer. It hot and we are always on the move so water bottles are a staple in our activity bags. But in the fall and cooler months, I don't get the heat cues and sometimes forget to stay hydrated which will only make seasonal skin dryness worse.




Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment