Wednesday, June 3, 2015:

Summer Ready!

Ok, so even though we've been dealing with some pretty wet whether these last few days, I am trying to look on the bright side and remind myself that this weather only provides a few more days to get summer ready!  We have some serious beach and pool plans coming up!!  So while this rain washes away the pollen (good riddance), I'm going to wash away the winter for my summer-ready look!


The Hair:
I am a pretty blonde these days.  When my roots start to show I honestly start to feel emotional distress!  And now that the summer is here, I feel like it is all the more reason to go even more platinum- especially around my face.  It's like getting nice sun bleached hair...except you have to pay for it!  Need some hair color inspiration??  Check out the Madison Reed Color Advisor to find your perfect summer look!


The Nails:
Ok, so, I'll probably be sticking to my manicure staple and hang with Essie's "Sugar Daddy" this summer- why?  Because I have my hands in dishwater and bubble baths All. The. Time.  BUT, summer sun means fun summer pedicures for me!  I like to turn up the color in the summer months now that I am in flip flops (vs. boots).  Love bright pinks and magentas like Essie's "Tour de Finance"





This Skin:
So I recently had a moment of frustration when it came to sunless tanners.  I try to avoid the sun unless I am wearing a sturdy SPF, but I love a tan!  Unfortunately, when I would apply a sunscreen over my bronzing creams, I'd end up with a streaky look.  But now I've stumbled across Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF 20 (eh, I'd prefer SPF 50, but I'll take what I can get!).  Definitely going to give this a go!

And on top of this, I am going to maintain my usual summer skincare regimen!





The Bathing Suit:
Ok, ok, ok....I am definitely NOT a fashion blogger BUT I am loving this Red Carter suit!  I wore it while in Napa and it felt fun but also sophisticated.  As a mom of two, I need things to be a little, er, "snug" these days.  The fabric is of good quality and the structure offered the support I need.  The halter top also made me feel nice and secure!  Oh, and I look EXACTLY like this model when I wear it...I swear.




Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment