Monday, October 26, 2015:

Ok, and I am Back!

It is crazy how a head cold can so easily derail my motivation!  Especially when the head cold ends in a skull crushing sinus infection (slight exaggeration, but I was dealing with a lot of sinus pressure, ok?).

So after a night of praising modern day medicine and antibiotics, I think I am finally on the mend!

And it is a good thing because this is Halloween week and between the parades & parties, we will be in a constant state of motion!

So, with that, your Monday motivation!



This.  As I've segued out of the corporate world and into the craziness of parenthood, my career goals have shifted significantly.  The truth is, in my past career, I didn't have tangible goals.  I was always distracted by the future of my family, even struggling with the decision to stay home or return to work before I was pregnant!

Well, my first was born and I knew I had no interest going back full time.  That was one of the hardest decisions ever.  Even though I wasn't totally passionate about my career, I loved (and continue to love) to work!  And walking away from something that had provided me with so much fulfillment left me constantly wondering if I would regret it.

But in the years that followed, my passion for work was redirected towards goals and opportunities that were much different than the corporate trajectory I had been on.  Skewing way more to the creative side and channeling the energy from my Page days, I continue to pursue on-air brand ambassador opportunities and even with each "pass" at an audition, I am still left feeling energized, excited, and, above all else, OPTIMISTIC!  Feelings that I never felt in my past career, even during times of great success.

Yes, it stinks when you've made it to the final round of call backs and it's a "no", but, as one of my mentors once said, "You're in the conversation".  And that's important to me as someone who was in an entirely different (corporate) conversation just a few years ago!

And you know what fuels me even more...The people who snickered when I told them about my new goals.  The people who giggled and said, "It's just funny, that's all".  Tempted to question why, exactly, they thought my goals were funny, I passed and redirected that frustration and hurt into more motivation to pursue my goals.  And it helps!

On the days that I am feeling discouraged, the insults are the motivation I need to refuel!


Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment