Wednesday, April 16, 2014:

Spring Skin Cleaning!

Now that the weather is finally getting nicer (or not...currently, there is a small covering of snow on the ground in the northeast!), I think it's time for a little Spring Skin Cleaning!!  Do you have any seasonal beauty tips?!

My routine is a little off since I am still nursing my son, but here is what I'd normally do!

1. Topical Resurfacing Treatment- despite our best winter moisturization efforts, the top layer of our skin could probably use some polishing up!  My "go to" is PCA's TCA Peels.  This is a professional treatment so you need to go to a certified aesthetician, but it is so worth it.  The smell is strong and the tingly sensation toes the line between itchy and "ok, yeah, that burns" (but in the "hurts so good" kind of way).  NB: make sure you follow your aestheticians post-treatment product recommendations like the après peel and Gentle Exfoliant to get the most bang for your buck.

2.  Another option I like is microdermabrasion.  This is a manual resurfacing treatment that should also be done by a professional.  It uses tiny sand particles to slough away dead skin.  The treatment essentially combines sand blasting and a vacuum that sucks away the sand and your dull winter skin!

3.  Hydrate!  I am still obsessing over Obagi's Hydrate.

4. Protect! Use sunscreen (obviously!).
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment