Monday, May 19, 2014:

So I ran a half marathon!

My goal was to finish and I succeeded!!  Im really proud of myself for stick to a decent training program.  The day I ran 8 miles was such a surprise to me and the fact that I averaged 8:30 min miles really impressed me.

As race day approached, I started to get nervous.  The longest distance I had ever completed was 8.5 miles- that's very different than 13.1 miles!

But once I made it to mile 10, I knew I was going to finish- no turning back!   

As a full time SAHM, this was huge for me.  I struggle with balance and finding time for myself.  Training for this race and reaching the finish line was the first thing I had done for myself in a very long time.

Before parenthood, I'd dread workouts.  I could think of a million other things I'd rather do.  But now training is a release.  It's an opportunity to let off pent up steam and agitation.  And a chance to get out of the house without kids!!

On that note...I need to sign up for another race so I can get away, er, I mean train!
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment