Tuesday, December 15, 2015:

Do "Something" About Gun Violence

Image from KevinHotaling.com
Ok, so we're shifting gears from the skincare tips and kid toy reviews!  Gun violence is certainly a hot button issue- especially when it seems that once a week the news covers another tragedy!

Recently I posted a snarky article from The Onion regarding people's obsession with the second amendment (right to bear arms).  It stirred a thought-provoking debate on my Facebook feed (and let the record show that I am happy to share my FB real estate with smart commentary on hot-button issues!).

In response to that commentary, a former classmate of mine penned this post to help explain why most of the suggestions on what to do would not actually cause actionable change.  I wanted to share that post here.  I am still digesting the content myself and I certainly have opinions on the recommendations, but I think it's worth a read if you are interested in this issue.  Stay tuned for my thoughts on the matter.....



Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment