Saturday, December 19, 2015:

The Final Stretch Smoothie Recipe- Six Weeks Out!

My due date is fast approaching at a snail's pace- why do these last few weeks of pregnancy always seem to go by so...slow....ly??

This is my third go-around and I am just looking forward to hitting the post-partum ground running.  The toughest part of the last weeks of pregnancy is the conflict I have between my physical capabilities and my ambitions!  I am a go go go kind of person but the extra baby weight and inability to actually take a full breath make it hard for my body to keep up with my busy-body mind!

Thank goodness I can blog sitting down!

So in this last stretch I am doing my best to just stay as active as possible and to eat as mindfully as possible!

We recently bought a Vitamix- it's beautiful!  Sadly, it will be returned- not because we don't trust the rave reviews about this miracle blender, it's just that my husband realized that they sell refurbished models for a LOT less!  You're welcome aspiring Vitamix owners, you're welcome.... ;)

While we won't be keeping this Vitamix, the purchase has inspired me to re-integrate healthy smoothies into my diet!  This pregnancy has come with a toddler-like appreciation for healthy food.  In other words, if it isn't sugary and high in carbohydrates, I'm not interested.  I joke that baby #1 received daily salads and lean proteins in utero.  Baby #2 received mostly salads with the occasional lunch of goldfish and puffs.  But baby #3...yikes- he's being built upon stale candy corns and pre-natal vitamins!

I really had to step up my healthy pregnancy game so these last few mornings have started with the following smoothie!  I hope to keep up this healthy habit!


  • Baby Spinach
  • Carrots
  • Strawberries
  • Banana
  • Skim Milk
  • Fat Free Yogurt
  • Tbl Spoon of Flax Seed
  • Tbl Spoon of Chia Seed
  • 2 Tbl Spoons of Barlean's (this stuff is so so good!)


Customize your quantities until you reach the consistency that works for you, blend, and enjoy!

Happy healthy blending!


Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment