Thursday, September 24, 2015:

Love This


I love this idea so so much.  Someone once told me that I make my job more difficult.  I have a tendency to hold myself to high expectations when it comes to parenting (and, well, anything).  And when I fall short I tend to be really hard on myself.  Some days I can surrender and agree that the laundry will eventually get done and the house will eventually get cleaned, but each morning as I rush out for our activities, I get edgy seeing the dirty dishes, the unfolded laundry, the Cheerios (and their dusty crumbs) all over the couch and under my feet.  I feel the pressure to tackle the cleaning and I do tidy up but I feel the pang of knowing that it will be the same thing tomorrow and sometimes the "neverendingness" seems overwhelming (stole that spot-on phrase from fellow blogger "Love is Blonde").

But when I look at this quote I am reminded that this is my current life phase and these stressors, while mostly self imposed, might actually be what motivates me to do my best.
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment