Friday, March 14, 2014:

What is Karmama, exactly?

A few folks have asked where the word "Karmama" comes from.  Directly translated from it's sanskrit roots, Karmama means, "judge a parent before becoming a parent, I dare you..."

I used to judge parents and criticize certain parenting styles that differed from my own parenting philosophy.  For example, I once saw a mom whose toddler was having a serious melt down on the dirty side walk of Jersey City.  She just sat there and did nothing.  Can you imagine....?!?!?!?!

Well, then I had kids and "karmama" caught up with me at the local park one day while my 18 month old freaked out- like literally lost his S-H-I-T- when it came time to get into his stroller.  In front of what seemed like every mom in the greater NYC area, I struggled to get him buckled and get the HELL out of there.  I was fumbling, dropping sippy cups and barter material (fruit snacks) everywhere.  I, no doubt, revealed how overwhelming it can be to manage your child's tantrum.

So the moral of karmama is that you don't judge another mother's way of handling a situation unless you want to find yourself in that same situation handling it far less gracefully :)

And that, my friends, is Karmama.
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment