Friday, November 20, 2015:

Midnight Slipcover Making by a Nesting Mom!

This latest post is brought to you by an hour-long power nap that snuck up on me while putting the boys down for the night!

I. Can't. Sleep.

And despite my efforts to Chatty Cathy my husband into a conversation, he fell asleep mid-sentence (seriously, the guy sees a pillow after 9:30pm and he's already completed an entire REM cycle).

What's an uncomfortable pregnant woman to do at 11pm when she's wide awake with no one to talk to (and, more frustratingly, no updates on Facebook despite a dozen refreshes)?

Make a slip cover, of course!

My mother-in-law happens to be a professional seamstress but why on earth would I believe her when she says I'm crazy to do this (for what it's worth, I'm sure my French speaking MIL didn't say I'm "crazy".  What she probably said was, "mon dieu, zis iz so ambitious"!)?

The "crazy" was likely added by my tooootally on-board and supportive husband- right Hun?

Anyways, here are a few "before pics".  Fully acknowledging that this is an accountability post and now I have no choice but to follow up with the afters!

Ok, side note- why is it that on the nights I'm willing to pop out of bed for additional tuck-ins and sips of water, my boys sleep like rocks?  Yet on the days I'm dead tired, they're up one million times (no exageration)??

I will regret this 2am post in the morning...good night to you.  As for me, I'll just be laying here with my eyes closed wishing I hadn't "napped" at 7; attributing my nocturnal activities to nesting.




And here's a sense of what I'm going for...
Image from Style Me Pretty Living Blog

Ok...it's a work in progress...


Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment