Friday, November 6, 2015:

What's in My Bag


Ok you guys, here you have it!  I don't know why I thought this was so fun but I am always curious what other folks are packing so figured I'd share what's in my cosmetic bag.  I've added some product intel, too.  Still getting used to some of my Ulta purchases!

1. Mario Badescu Moisture Magnet & Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
Loving these products.  They are so reasonably priced but still pack a punch.  I love the size of these products too- easy to toss into my Vera Bradley cosmetic case and use throughout the day!

2. Benefit Porefessional Pore Minimizer
So far I am really impressed with this product.  I really love the smooth and silky application and while I don't think it's actually minimizing my pores, it is minimizing their appearance.  The consistency of the cream is so smooth that it really just fills in the pore making concealers do the rest of the job to cover them up.

3. Maybelline Eraser Concealer
This is working for me.  I use it for under my eyes and for spot cover ups.  I love how thin the applicator is- it's easy to go and "pencil" in the coverage I need.

4. Laura Geller Spackle Primer
I bought this primer in Ethereal and I'm wondering if maybe it was the wrong shade.  I haven't fallen in love with it yet but still going to give it some time.  I can't figure out whether or not to use this before my Maybelline Eraser Concealer or after.  They both seem to cancel each other out.  Right now I am missing my Laura Mercier Primer but I'll give the spackle a few more days before throwing in the towel.

5. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
This came with my Becca Radiant Glow Collection.  It's nothing super wow-worthy, but I do like to play around with it for highlighting and I think once I get the right primer, it will be more impactful.  I also love the size- super small and does't take up a ton of space in my cosmetic case.

6. Nars Blush in Orgasm
I just blushed typing in the name, BUT, this blush is my ol' faithful and I love it.  I recently swapped my Nars bronzer for a Jane Iredale bronzer but I think I'll be going back to Nars once my Jane runs out. I just don't seem to see the bronzing effect as much as I did with Nars.

7. Trish McEvoy Eye Shadow
Note: the link goes to colors that I don't actually have BUT, what I love about Trish's eye shadows and glazes is that you can pick out the colors you want and plop them right into a compact.  I love this because then you aren't stuck with colors you never use!  You can custom create your own palette and it's a lot of fun.  I picked out my shades at Blue Mercury.

8. Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector
This has been fun to play around with but I ACTUALLY like using it on my lids for some highlight.  I'm not sure it's the right shade for under my eyes but then again, still working out the concealer and primer situation so once that's adjusted, this might work better.  Oh, and the pregnancy swelling doesn't help when applying under eye creams! Ugh.

9. Revlon Eyelash Curler
Shout out to my trusty eye lash curler.  No bells.  No Whistles.  Just does the job I need it to do.

10. Jane Iredale So-Bronze Bronzer
I really LIKE this I just don't LOVE it.  As mentioned above, I think I need a bit more color/pigment that I found in the Nars Laguna Bronzer.  I really like that "sun kissed" look (especially as we approach the winter months when my skin turns a lovely shade of sallow pale blue- oy).  The Jane Iredale gives more of a glow/shimmer and might even do well on top of the Nars Laguna primer for some highlighting...hmm, I'll have to try that.

11. Eco Tools Brushes
I bought these rather impulsively at a local beauty supply shop and really like them.  Super soft but still feel like I can control the application.  I bought a little travel size version too and some of the smaller brushes are great to just throw into my cosmetic case for traveling.

12. Shimmering Skin Protector Spotlight
Another piece from my Becca Radiant Glow Collection.  I haven't quite figured out what to do with this one if I am being entirely honest but it does pack a good highlighting punch so I've been experimenting on my lids and cheek bones.

13. Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essential Brightener
This is perfect for my deep set and often shadowed eyes.  While it's supposed to serve as an eye shadow primer I actually find that using it alone gives a certain natural brightness that i like.

14. Smokey Eye Shadow Pencil
So sad but the brand has actually rubbed off on this pencil.  I think I received it as  Sephora special offer!  I use it when I am going for a bolder night look.  The truth is, it doesn't spread really well so I probably wouldn't recommend it (so not the worst thing in the world that I don't know what brand it is!).  But it's fun to play with so long as I have some instrument to help smudge out the deep grey.

15. The Body Shop Eye Definer
No joke, I think I've had this for five years!  Surely past it's expiration date, it's perfect for a subtle eye-lining and I use to fill in my brows when I am doing heavier make up/camera make up.

16. Sephora Angled Eye Liner Brush
This is the perfect brush for lining eyes with powdered liners and eye shadows.  I use this to line-out my dark Trish McEvoy colors and then I'll smudge with my finger or shadow brush.

17. Becca Beach Tint Lip Shimmer in Raspberry Opal
This was another piece of the Becca Radiant Glow Collection and while it is labeled "beach" I think it's actually perfect for fall!  I like it and use it for a little pre-k drop off pop!

18. Nivea Lip Care with SPF 30
I love having this in my cosmetic case.  It reminds me to protect my lips from the sun while giving me a nice gloss.

19. L'Oreal Superstar Mascara
Not entirely sure I love this.  It's a fiber mascara which is very clear when I try to remove it with my eye makeup wipes.  While it goes on fine, it comes of crumbly and I am never certain I've gotten it all of at the end of the day (and sleeping with eye makeup on drives me insane!).  I'll likely switch back to a basic mascara that comes off more smoothly.


Ok, that's it!!  Wow...a small bag that has a LOT of stuff!!  Are there any beauty staples that you can't do without that I should try!  Specifically in regards to swapping out some of the products I've listed and am not crazy about (primer, mascara, bronzer...)?  I'd love tips!!


Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment