Thursday, March 5, 2015:

Would You Go Make Up Free for Better Skin

Since becoming a parent, I've done a lot of involuntary "make up free" days.  Sometimes you just got to get out of the house and go!  And truthfully, when I don't wear makeup, it makes my bedtime routine a LOT easier (I have a love/hate relationship with mascara).

According to the TODAY Show, 90% of women say they'd go make up free if it meant better skin. The new recommendation is to go 5 days on and 2 days off (wearing make up five days a week and allowing your skin two days to breath).  NOTE: this does not mean going skincare free (cleansing, toning, hydrating, sun screening).

Some benefits of going make up free include:

  • Increase in Collagen 
  • Decreased inflammation
  • Increase in skin clarity

I'm a big proponent of taking care of our skin from the inside out so we don't feel the need to wear heavy make up.  This includes maintaining a healthy diet, practicing good skincare routines, regular trips to an aesthetician for thorough cleansing and resurfacing, and, down the road, I certainly won't turn down any safe anti-aging procedures.

Here's my take on going make up free

So would you go make up free if it meant better skin?  Cast your Vote at TODAY


Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment