Tuesday, August 26, 2014:

B12 Vitamins

Let me start by saying that this post is completely devoid of scientific studies and medical expertise.

That being said... B12 Vitamins are a.mazing.

I've been hearing about B12's for a few weeks now- mostly on the "mommy circuit" from exhausted moms who swear that the B12's help them get through the day.

As a mom, I had become comfortable with walking around in a fog- assuming that between the late nights and early mornings I was just sleep deprived and overworked.

Always eager to learn of HEALTHY ways to stay energized and engaged, I did a little online research and consulted Dr. Google...

Vitamin B12...

"...may protect against brain atrophy or shrinkage associated with Alzheimer's Disease and impaired cognitive function..."

"...plays a key role in normal functioning of the brain and nervous system..."

"... deficiency can potentially cause severe and irreversible damage...to the brain and nervous system..."

"At levels only slightly lower than normal...symptoms such as fatigue, depression, and poor memory may be experienced."

"B12 deficiency can cause symptoms of mania and psychosis"

Needless to say, I added these into my diet immediately.

NB: My husband is quick to point out that my clarity of thought and peaceful calm might not be the B12's at all.  Instead, he thinks it's because my post-nursing hormones are finally getting back to normal.  Guess this is just another example of agreeing to disagree...

Ok, maybe he's on to something...


A version of this post originally appeared in Aug 2014
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment