Thursday, August 21, 2014:

Eliminating Sugar for Healthier Looking Skin

I forgot to buy sugar...again.  Maybe this is fate's way of telling me that I really should just eliminate it all together.

I have a serious sweet tooth and I get a little cagey if I can't get my hands on something sweet.  But, if I need just a bit more motivation, learning that sugar is actually bad for my skin might be enough to put me over the sugar-free edge.


According to recent studies, sugar, and the way it is broken down in our body, can actually cause premature aging in two ways...

1. When our blood sugar spikes after eating a sugary meal or a sweet, inflammation increases throughout our entire body

2.  When we ingest sugar, a natural process knows as glycation takes place- essentially glycation is the process in which sugar attaches to proteins and attacks collagen and elastin proteins- which are essential in the prevention of wrinkles and sagging

So, I'm going to give it a shot and eliminate as much added sugar as possible!  Want to try with me?!

(Translation: Kate forgot to buy sugar and is just trying to justify it by turning it into some skincare diet trend).

Source: Prevention, Huff Post





Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment