Tuesday, November 18, 2014:

Do you Dare to Dermaplane?!

This polar vortex is already doing a number on my skin!  I am staying loyal to my skincare rituals, but I am fearful of what this winter weather will bring!

Scrolling through some of my media mailings, I saw a note about Dermaplaning.  I've heard about this procedure, but something about a razor grazing off the top layer of my skin kind of turned me off.


However, as that top layer of skin hardens and dulls with winter's effects, I think I might reconsider. Here's a blurb on dermaplaning from The Plastic Surgery Group of Albany, NY.

Dermaplaning

This gentle skin resurfacing procedure exfoliates the top layer of dead skin cells. A special surgical blade is gently and carefully run across the surface of the skin. In addition to promoting skin cell renewal, dermaplaning improves penetration of professional and home products for the skin. Dermaplaning also removes facial hair, making it a great way to get rid of "peach fuzz." As with many of our services, we recommend a series of dermaplaning treatments to maximize results.

Would you try it...hmm...maybe I should wait until spring and "shave away" winter's damage!
Share to Facebook Email This Share to Twitter Pin This Share to Linked In

No comments:

Post a Comment